When we have a wheel refurbished, it means it has gone through a process to get it as close to possible back to factory standards.
The process carried out is as follows:
1. Wheel is chemically stripped back and then shot blasted
2. Inspected for defects.
3. Cracks welded where needed.
4. Wheel straightened where needed
6. Powder coated
8. Baked in oven to harden.
In addition to this a wheel may be diamond cut (turned), to produce the high sheen finish found on many modern wheels
WHERE CAN I FIND A PART NUMBER FOR MY WHEEL?
• Video Zac+Ricky did
• Text description explaining video for those that don’t watch it
PART NUMBER FORMATS EXAMPLES -
Alfa Romeo – 8/9 digits
Audi – 10/11 digits - 8T0601025CF – 8T0 601 025 CF
BMW – 7 digits - 7845853 – 7 845 853
Citroen – 10 digits - 9677090377
Ford – 10 digits – BM5J-1007-GB
Jaguar – 10 digits - AW93-1007-HA
Kia – 10 digits - 52910-2K600
Land Rover – 10 digits - 7H22-1007-BA
7H22 1007 B A
Car Model Part Type Paint Finish Wheel Type
Old style P/N? (RRC 500 681 XXX)
BJ = Evoque L538 (2011-)
EJ = Discovery Sport L550 (2014-)
Range Rover L322 (2002-2012)
CK = New Range Rover L405 (2012-)
DK,FK = New Range Rover Sport L494 (2013-)
9H = Range Rover Sport L320 (2005-2013)
7H = Discovery (2004-)<.br>
Lexus – No part number
Mercedes – 10 digits - 2194012702 – 219 401 2702
Mini – 7 digits - 6791945 -6 791 945
Renault – 11 digits - 4030006450R
Seat – 10 digits – 5F0601025K - 5F0 601 025 K
Skoda – 10 digits – 6Y0601025M – 6Y0 601 025 M
Smart – 10 digits – 4514010402 – 451 401 0402
Toyota - No part number
Volvo – 8 digits - 31317285
VW – 10 digits – 5G0601025L – 5G0 601 025 L
HOW CAN I TELL IF MY WHEEL IS GENUINE OR A REPLICA?
We have been dealing in wheels for over 20 years and have seen many, many replicas. Some good and some very bad.
In the vast majority of cases, the manufacturer’s part number is not used on a replica wheel.
REPLICA WHEELS USUALLY :
- do not have country of manufacturer cast/stamped
- have the max load cast/stamped
- do not have the metal type cast/stamped (e.g.ALSi7)
- require shorter tapered bolts to fit to the vehicle due to a thinner mating face
- the mating face is not a complete circle (picture attached to explain)
- offset on BMW wheels is stamped/cast as IS then the 2 numbers. Replica wheels use the more widely used ET then 2 numbers.
- ET is usually cast and then the offset stamped as replica wheels are often made in various offsets to fit numerous cars.
- Offset is usually a round number instead of a vehicle specific one. e.g. ET35, ET30, ET25.
- BMW will usually use ET32, ET28 etc.
- Lighter than the OEM equivalent.
- do not have the recess for the M sticker.
- Centre caps do not fit tightly or are a completely different size.
If you are in any doubt please contact us and we will attempt to help you identify the authenticity of your wheel(s) and try to match them where possible.
DO YOU OFFER A PART EXCHANGE SERVICE?
No matter the condition of your existing wheel(s), we may be offer you something against the purchase of a replacement from us. Please get in touch, and be ready to provide as much detail on the wheel(s), with supporting images, to enable us to give you a fair valuation.
WILL YOU BUY MY WHEELS?
We are happy to give a quote on buying your wheel(s), and are often able to even collect these from you. Please use our specific contact form found here – provide as much detail as possible for the quickest and most accurate quote.
CAN I HAVE A WHEEL REFURBISHED?
We try to offer a range of wheels in both used and refurbished condition. If you require the particular wheel to be in a refurbished condition we can arrange this for an additional charge. Turnaround time for a wheel to be refurbished is approximately one week, though this may be longer at certain times of the year.
I CAN’T FIND THE WHEEL I AM LOOKING FOR. CAN YOU HELP?
We are always happy to try and locate a wheel for you on the rare occasion we do not already have stock. Do not hesitate to get in touch and we will do our best to find what you’re after.
DO YOU HAVE A FULL SET OF THESE WHEELS?
We do sell full sets as well as single replacements, please get in touch if you can’t find the wheels to complete the set you’re looking for.